{The Price You Pay}

I've noticed that whenever I post a garment that's over a certain amount of money, I get comments and emails talking about how the garment is "too expensive". I used to think that everything should cost around 20 bucks or so and that anything higher than that was ridiculous. But then I started researching the garment industry in preparation for my own clothing line.

What I found was that sometimes a designer has to pay around $20 just to get the garment made. Of course to make a profit, you have to sell it at a higher price to your customer. I guess the moral of the story is that behind every denim skirt, there are fabric, thread, labels, and zippers to be purchased... And there are more than a few people (sometimes kids) working to put that skirt together.

If you're interested, you can check out the video below to see what happens when a clothing company is only concerned about the price you pay and not the price that is paid to the people who make what you wear.